Risk Calculators: Clinical scoring tools and calculators meant to risk stratify patient populations. These tools are designed by applying key concepts from Inspired EHRs: Designing for Clinicians.
Risk Calculators and Scoring Tools
- Framingham Risk for CVD*
- Jaundice/Hyperbilirubinemia Risk*
- Framingham Risk for Stroke*
- Wells Score for DVT*
- Framingham Risk for Heart Attack*
- Pediatric Blood Pressure Percentile
- CEAP Classification for Chronic Venous Disorders
- Opioid Risk Assessment
- Mini Mental Status Exam
- Mini Mental Status Exam (Spanish)
- Early Warning Score
* Uses Galen Problem Drivers.
Problem Driven Documentation: Patient Problem Rule Drivers enforce documentation of Clinical Quality Measures and promote better management of chronic diseases.
- e-Quality Discharge Measures
- Pediatric Asthma Discharge Care Planning
- Bidirectional Order Set vs. Problem List Checks
- Chronic Disease Management/Acute Problem Evaluation
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
All Problem Driven Documentation functions use Galen Problem Drivers
Clinical Decision Support: Designed to increase the quality of care, promote positive patient outcomes, decrease errors and adverse events, improve efficiency, reduce costs, and increase provider and patient satisfaction.
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (Premix and Custom)
- Order Alerts at Selection
- VTE Prophylaxis Compliance*
- Opioid Risk for Inpatient/Ambulatory Prescribing
- High Cost Drug Alerting
* Uses Galen Problem Drivers
User Education Tools: Educational tools assist and train end users in a way that is non-invasive to their daily workflow, while allowing senior users to opt out of informational prompts.
- Managed Transfer Protocol
- Popup-Opt Out (or Opt In)
- Coding Level Education Sheet
- New/Infrequent User Education Protocols
Development of Enginuity
Our Focus Group
—Cathy Alvarez, Clinical IT Analyst, Uvalde Memorial Hospital