An award-winning, #1 in KLAS, healthcare IT technical & professional services and solutions company providing highly-skilled, cross-platform expertise.
Galen is an award-winning healthcare IT technical & professional services and solutions company providing highly-skilled, cross-platform expertise. We have partnered with specialty practices, hospitals, health information exchanges, health systems and integrated delivery networks to provide high-quality, expert level IT consulting services & solutions including strategy, data archiving, data migration, optimization, project management, and interoperability. Our Technical and Professional Services groups are ranked #1 in KLAS by our clients, including winning 2021’s Top Overall IT Services Firm award. But Galen is more than an IT company. We are a team of talented individuals who build meaningful relationships and produce exceptional results. That’s why Galen has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work for the past 9 years.
You may be a recent college graduate or someone who has experience working for only a few years. You are interested in learning about electronic medical records (EMRs), data archival and data extraction. You are interested in building meaningful professional relationships, working both independently and collectively with clients and teammates. You thrive in a collaborative environment, where knowledge is shared, and feedback is welcomed. You want to work hard, and you want to be rewarded for your work. You are honest, take responsibility, and understand that the work you do requires confidentiality and a strong character. You are positive and supportive and want to have fun at work.
- Perform discovery and analysis on new and existing legacy systems to understand the relationships and logic necessary to extract data for archival
- Work with client stakeholders to understand legacy application workflows and requirements
- Develop and execute data extractions from various EHR, Patient Accounting, and ERP systems
- Transform and load data to our Azure-hosted data archival platform for long term record retention
- Collaborate with our ETL and archival software engineers to develop processes for handling various data formats
- Provide quality assurance on data archival work, verifying data integrity and data cleanliness
- Manage multiple projects, across a wide array of clients
- Work and manage support tickets independently
- Establish strong relationships with co-workers and clients
- Provide exemplary customer service by understanding and resolving issues quickly
- Participate in informal internal training as part of ongoing team improvement
- Work with internal stakeholders to improve current processes
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Desire to solve challenging technical problems
- Self-starter who wants to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Basic knowledge of SQL query language
- Familiarity and working knowledge of patient clinical EHR’s, patient financial systems and non-patient systems such as HR/Payroll, Materials Management, General Ledger, Accounts Payable systems, is a plus
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, or related field
- Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k with 100% Match up to 4% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Annual technology stipend
- Annual company trip
Galen has offices in Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, and Burlington, VT. The position could report to any of these offices.