Epic Data Conversion Analyst
Website galenhealthcare Galen Healthcare Solutions
An award-winning, #1 in KLAS, healthcare IT technical & professional services and solutions company providing highly-skilled, cross-platform expertise.
Galen Healthcare Solutions, now an RLDatix Company, is a healthcare IT software and services organization. As a company, we are honored to have our Technical and Professional Services groups ranked #1 in KLAS by our clients, including winning 2021’s coveted Top Overall IT Services Firm award. Additionally, we have received recognition from Modern Healthcare, appearing on their Best Places to Work list for the past 9 years.
We are seeking an individual who exhibits the attitude, aptitude, and passion to not only get the job done, but wants to grow within the company; someone that enjoys working both independently and collectively with clients and teammates. You thrive on attacking new challenges and meeting/exceeding goals, whether on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You seek a meaningful professional experience in an industry where you can impact people’s lives in a positive manner while working within a culture where people respect and appreciate each other as much as we care about our customers. People that do well here can self-manage and seek opportunities to collaborate with some of the most competent people in healthcare technology.
About the Role:
The Data Conversion Analyst will collaborate with both clinical and technical audiences in a fast-paced and challenging environment. We support our clients by identifying and extracting key clinical data that providers need to provide continuity of care when they transition to a new EHR. You will work as part of a team that is responsible for extracting data from previous EHRs (and ancillary healthcare IT systems), mapping and transforming the data into new formats, importing the data into their new EHRs, and then perform multiple rounds of validation. This position requires experience working in healthcare IT, especially experience working with Epic. Epic certification is preferred.
- Build strong relationships with your clients and coworkers
- Communicate effectively with both technical and clinical audiences
- Manage multiple projects, across a wide array of clients
- Analyze client requirements, implementing the desired solutions and using your judgment to recommend alternatives when appropriate
- Perform clinical translations that translate legacy terminology to Epic category lists or master files
- Master working with different clinical elements from allergies, medications, and problems to notes, scans, and vital signs
- Follow clients’ change control processes
- Maintain data integrity through paying close attention to detail and following our methodology that supports multiple rounds of testing and validation
- Experience implementing or supporting Epic, preferably in an analyst role for at least one year
- Desire to learn
- Exceptional communication skills
- Analytical & Troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience: 1-3 years professional experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must be a U.S. Resident or currently able to legally work in the U.S
Work Location and Schedule Requirements:
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment
- High Speed Internet Service
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace