Technical Data Migration Consultant
Website galenhealthcare Galen Healthcare Solutions
An award-winning, #1 in KLAS, healthcare IT technical & professional services and solutions company providing highly-skilled, cross-platform expertise.
Galen Healthcare Solutions is a healthcare IT software and services organization. As a company, we are honored to have our Technical and Professional Services groups ranked #1 in KLAS by our clients, including winning 2021’s coveted Top Overall IT Services Firm award. Additionally, we have received recognition from Modern Healthcare, appearing on their Best Places to Work list for the past 11 years.
We are seeking an individual who exhibits the attitude, aptitude, and passion to not only get the job done, but wants to grow within the company; someone that enjoys working both independently and collectively with clients and teammates. You thrive on attacking new challenges and meeting/exceeding goals, whether on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You seek a meaningful professional experience in an industry where you can impact people’s lives in a positive manner while working within a culture where people respect and appreciate each other as much as we care about our customers. People that do well here can self-manage and seek opportunities to collaborate with some of the most competent people in healthcare technology.
The Technical Data Migration Consultant supports our clients by extracting data from previous EHRs and ancillary healthcare IT systems, transforming the data into new formats, and then importing the data into their new go-forward EHRs. In addition to performing this technical work, the Technical Data Migration consultant will use their interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to work with various internal and external stakeholders and to drive each project toward completion.
- Develop, test, and execute data conversions including extracting healthcare data from various EHR systems, performing transformations upon the data, and importing it into target EHR (Epic, MEDITECH, Cerner, Allscripts)
- Analyze healthcare data in HL7, CDA, CSV, and SQL formats for extraction, transformation, and import
- Convert data from multiple data sources, including creation of complex scripts with limited assistance
- Facilitate meetings with multiple internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, identify data conversion needs, provide ongoing updates, and ensure high customer satisfaction
- Provide quality assurance on data conversion work: verify data integrity and identify data cleanliness issues and reconcile converted data to ensure accuracy
- Develop and update technical and business process documentation for data conversions (internal and customer-facing)
- Participate in informal internal training as part of ongoing team improvement
- Work and manage support tickets independently
- Establish strong relationships with co-workers and clients and provide exemplary customer service by understanding and resolving issues quickly
- Participate in process improvement efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare data
- 3+ years of experience working with EHRs/EMRs
- High technical proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server, including the ability to create and edit complex queries and T-SQL scripts including dynamic SQL, required; experience with SSIS
- Experience working with the HL7 standard
- Familiarity with a variety of database types and interfaces (Microsoft Access, Oracle, various text formats, ODBC, OLE DB)
- Current Epic Bridges certification is desired or willingness to obtain
- Direct experience in bridging the gap between end user requirements and technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a related field requirement. Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience may meet this requirement
Work Location and Schedule Requirements:
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment
- High Speed Internet Service
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace