Considering An Upgrade To TouchWorks™ 15.1? We Can Help!
Leverage our experience with 250+ upgrades to achieve your success.
In a relay to deliver higher provider satisfaction, Allscripts’ TouchWorksTM 15.1 might be its most user-centric platform yet. Let Galen guide you down the home stretch and develop an optimized implementation strategy tailored to your organizational priorities.
New Feature Highlights from 15.1
Order & Charge From NoteForms
- Huge potential value to organizations, providers, and revenue cycle. Providers could see a decrease in approx. 40-50 clicks per patient. Revenue cycle will be more streamlined as it will alleviate concerns of documentation requirements from coding/billing.
- Developing a plan to adopt this functionality will likely require specialty-based change management where providers and administration will agree with gaps in ordering and charging.
- A huge win for providers where they can build their own text macros for common phrases. This feature has made other leading EHRs very popular.
- Groups will need develop proper protocols for using macros (versus structured data), training materials, and set the proper expectations from within IT for supporting and managing macros
NoteForm & Vitals Required Fields
- A major enhancement that will assist with revenue cycle and compliance where NoteForm elements and vitals can be configured as required. Example usage, a large multi-specialty organization's compliance department requires providers to review all patient histories with a checkbox acknowledgement. Prior to the required field functionality, many providers would overlook this checkbox creating a lag in note finalization and revenue cycle.
- Note Template modifications require a lot of thought, physician management, and build/configuration that will likely need to be deployed post-upgrade.
I cannot thank you enough on what you were able to accomplish here for RWJPE. Thank you for all your hard work to make sure this was a successful upgrade. Thank you for your professionalism, always being calm under pressure and working tirelessly to make this a success. I just can’t express my thanks enough. Great Job
Galen’s ability to always delegate jobs, responsibilities and summarize timelines associated with each element of the upgrade ensured Eastern Virginia Medical School had a successful outcome.
I want to congratulate all of you for a great upgrade. Everyone recognizes the hard work that you invested in this project. The AEHR has become an invaluable tool for our physicians and other care providers. Your efforts contribute to the care of our patients. I don’t think I have ever seen a better collaboration between our physician champions, Foundation Operations, Galen, Allscripts and Information Services. I know we are all very busy going through the important steps of clean up and stabilization but hope that you take a moment to reflect on the great contribution and teamwork we just experienced.