eCalcs™ typically takes a few weeks to implement, though it can happen in as little as a few days. eCalcs is first installed into a test environment. eCalcs is then configured and tested. Once we’re ready to move to production, eCalcs is installed into production and the configuration automatically carries over with the installation.
- Our EHR technicians will install the web server and database server components.
- Training on configuration of eCalcs to client.
Client – EHR Analyst
- Training from Galen on configuration of eCalcs – about one hour.
- Configure each calculator’s inputs, e.g. mapping which resultables should be considered the Total Cholesterol input for the Framingham Risk calculator – typically less than one hour per calculator.
- Optional: add Orderable and Resultable Item Dictionary entries used to store the eCalcs. Clients typically have Galen deliver these entries by default using SSMT, which saves our clients the hour of setup this normally requires in TWAdmin.
- Server technician – provide access to the appropriate EHR servers – 1 hour.
- EHR analyst – person familiar with the EHR build and dictionaries to configure the inputs on each calculator. See above for effort, approximately 2 hours plus 1 x number of calculators.
- Clinical advisor – nurse, mid-level or provider to answer any clinical questions from the EHR analyst during setup.